Is the Metabolic Medical Weight Loss Program Right for You?
If you are struggling to maintain or achieve a healthy weight, seeing an obesity medicine specialist may help. You may benefit from medical weight loss if you:
- Are a person with obesity or struggling with obesity related conditions such as metabolic syndrome, such as elevated blood sugar levels and high blood pressure.
- Are thinking about surgical weight loss options, like bariatric surgery. Your insurance may require doctor-supervised weight loss before approving the procedure.
- Gained weight after bariatric surgery. Our program can help pinpoint the cause of weight gain or weight plateau before or after surgery. We then develop a plan to help you get back on track.
What should you expect?
Our specialized team, led by an obesity medicine physician, offers medically-supervised, individualized weight loss plans that fit your unique lifestyle and helps you meet your goals:
- Nutrition counseling: A registered dietitian helps you set goals and make small changes in food choices to achieve them. You receive recommendations for healthy foods that meet your personal preferences.
- Anti-obesity medications: For some patients, medications may be part of the medical weight loss plan aimed at decreasing appetite, improving feelings of fullness or regulating hunger hormones.
- Physical activity: Even if you haven’t exercised in years, we help you get moving. We start with small goals that are reasonable for you and build on your achievements by adding other activities you enjoy doing.
- Behavior modification: Some patients benefit from working with a mental health professional who helps explore thoughts and behaviors that can get in the way of achieving weight loss goals.
In some cases, physicians partner with cardiovascular and pulmonary specialists to help address heart issues (like Atrial Fibrillation) and sleep disorders to help patients achieve their health goals.